Thursday, August 4, 2011

Moody Gardens

Of all the sights we saw in Galveston, I must say my hands-down favorite was Moody Gardens.  We spent over six hours there and STILL didn't get to do everything there was to do and the kids had so much fun, they forgot to argue the entire afternoon!  Now, that's what I call FUN!!  Although it was very humid and putting on makeup was beside the point 'cause it just slid off my face, we all enjoyed mid-80 to mid-90 degree weather.  Back home, it was a sweltering 108!



There were three pyramids: Aquarium, Rainforest and Discovery and each one had at least two floors. 

The Aquarium Pyramid was the kids' favorite...



...aww, don't they look like they just loooove one another?  Smile like you mean it!!



This tunnel was pretty cool, surrounded by sharks and rays.  It was about this time that Seth wondered out loud what would happen if the glass cracked that Mommy had to pause and pop a pill.  Nice goin', kiddo!



The ray, Paige's all-time favorite!



Mom and Dad's favorite...the shark cage!  Too bad there wasn't a lock ;)



The offspring and Daddyo!

The Rainforest Pyramid had lots of gorgeous flowers and foliage which I will save for another post for all you folks with green thumbs (that would not include me, although I can dream).  This pyramid was MY favorite.





Please don't ask me to tell you what this was, but it was about two feet from my face...very cute, very furry...time to go!  Did I mention I'm not a nature-lover?



And finally, the Dino Alive exhibit, just outside the Discovery Pyramid, had life-sized animatronic dinosaurs that the kids just thought was AWESOME, MOM!!







For some reason, Randy Travis' song Diggin' Up Bones just comes to mind.  Sorry, I'm just weird that way!

We all watched (even Daddyo, who managed NOT to hurl...whohoo!) a 3D movie about prehistoric underwater life called Sea Rex.  Please don't ask for details because, yes I freely confess, I fell asleep!  But so did someone else's dad, so I don't feel so bad...nyah, nyah, nyah! 

And I managed to escape the waterpark without getting my photo snapped...go ME!!





 

2 comments:

  1. Moody Gardens looks totally awesome!! I can see how you didn't get to see all of it when each pyramid looks amazing!! Looks like you had a great time! My kids are done with camp and school doesn't start for a few weeks-- no big vacation planned, but hopefully , we'll be doing some fun day trips. Glad the weather was pleasant for you! Looking forward to seeing more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids looked like they were having a great time. I'm happy that you all had a chance to get away.
    Fondly,
    Etty

    ReplyDelete