Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mom's Mini-Retreat

Yesterday, after being abandoned by Co-Def #1 and with Co-Def #2 otherwise occupied, I managed to get backing fabric cut and/or pieced for a whole stack of quilt tops.  I tacked each one with a sticky-note that says 'I'm waiting!' so maybe it'll inspire me to hurry up and get 'em quilted.


There's still two left needing backing, one that needs borders sewn on and two needing threads tied off and clipped.  Any volunteers?  (Crickets chirping...)  Well, okay, be that way! 

Now, you might think that all that productivity was fueled by copious quantities of caffeine...not so, my quilting friends.

 
Hoo-rah for the Belgians!

About 10:30 last night I got a wild hair to try my hand at a New York Beauty block...fueled by all that Godiva sugar, no doubt.  I'm not sure how much is Beauty and how much is Evil Stepsister, but I did alright if I do say so myself.


I learned a very important something about this pattern also...directional fabrics aren't a good choice.

Well, it's back to the salt mines for me.  Oh, all this free time for quilting is such a burden!!

Happy quilting, y'all! 

1 comment:

  1. You have lots of work ahead of you. Yes, we have to watch out for those directional patterns. I always run into problems with them.

    ReplyDelete