Friday, July 1, 2011

For Lil' Miss

I don't ever have a specific someone in mind when I make my charity quilts.  This one, however, is different and will be going to a little girl in the area.  I hope its bright, sunshiny-ness makes her day and perks her up a bit.


I had the border/sashing/backing fabric left over from a previous project I'd made for my daughter.  My Mom had purchased it with me in mind because, in her words, it looks just like me...which is just her nice way of saying I think this is butt-ass ugly fabric and I immediately thought of you.  Aw, Moms say the darndest things, don't they?  And I'm not sure P is entirely convinced this isn't her quilt...I still see her checking her room to make sure HER quilt is still there.  Geez, do you think she knows I perform a semi-annual clean-out of her and her brother's rooms?
  


Personally, I love orange and don't think it gets used enough.  I mean, why settle for being an extra in a placemat when you can be the star in a full-sized quilt?  And who among us can resist brightly hued, obnoxiously large flowers?  I am so gonna make a rockin' senior citizen, ya'll!  I had to piece the backing a bit, but I think it turned out rather well and, not to toot my own horn, but the binding is divine!! 

For those who are keeping track, this is number 10 charity quilt for 2011.  Only two more until my goal...and it's only July!
 

3 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful quilt. She is going to love it.
    Fondly, Etty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie, I'm Sara from the Quilting Corner, Betar, Israel. I love this quilt and think anyone would appreciate it's cheerfulness. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, ladies! I left it with her very excited and surprised grandmother today..I'm hoping the little girl will be just as excited.

    ReplyDelete