Monday, July 18, 2011

Quilt Along with Crazy Mom Quilts

Amanda Jean from Crazy Mom Quilts is hosting a 36-patch quilt along and she's invited everyone!  See her blog http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com for all the details. 

I have taken exactly one class in my entire quilting career and can honestly say I'd rather have my brain yanked from my cranium through my nose.  Didn't the ancient Egyptians do that?  Anyway, I'm a tad apprehensive as this will be my first quilt-along and I've no idea how I'm going to keep up, but hope springs eternal as they say (I don't know who they are, but I think they lie) and I shall endeavor to persevere.  I know Amanda Jean probably thought 'This broad is craaazy!' when I asked in all sincerity if a quilt-along meant that I actually had to keep up with the group.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not sending me a snarky reply or a referral to a psychiatrist, Amanda Jean! 

I finished Week 1's assignment last night: choose your fabrics; and set a personal speed record 'cause the process only took three days (go me!)  A pattern requiring even two coordinating fabrics is enough to make me cross-eyed, but I managed to pick out a total of twenty-four all without turning into a drooling, quivering, gibberish-muttering pile of mush.

   
I started to go for soft and understated, but quickly snapped out of it when I realized it was one of those  other voices in my head and, behold, this is the result.  I'm going for baby-sized, but I'm thinking these seizure-inducing prints are better suited for the adult crowd so I'll add multiple borders to make it lap-sized.  We shall see... 

No comments:

Post a Comment