Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Quilt-Along Progress

Since today was my day off and, miracle of miracles, no one got sick, I decided to work a bit on my quilt-along project from Crazy Mom Quilts.  

I spent the morning cutting fabric into 2 1/2" wide strips which quickly got boring, not to mention the fact that precise cutting is almost impossible when be-bopping to what's playing on the radio.  So, I switched to stitching and pressing and stitching some more and this is what I accomplished...


Many thanks to Amanda Jean for her suggestion about using a very short stitch length and pinning (which I never do) to help everything go together a little more smoothly.  You can check out her blog at http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good! I follow crazy mom quilts, too-- I love her stuff! (and have a bunch of her tutorials bookmarked for the future). What kind of music do you listen to while quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Elisa, it was Nickelback...my IPOD has a bit of everything from Joan Jett to Roy Orbison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I want to send my personal thank you for the fabrics Etty and I won. I'm sorry I did not write sooner but I just got a real job after being out of work for over a year. It's a bit hard getting back into the groove. Even though I can't participate in our quilting group as long as I am working, I am still quilting in my spare time. I adore your block for the Crazy Mom Quilts quilt-along. Can't wait to see the next one. Shifra G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shifra,
    I'm glad you liked the fabric and yes, working does cut into quilting time which I personally think is just GROSSLY unfair, but it's really nice to be gainfully employed (having a bit of the paycheck left over for more fabric is always nice, too)! I'm making lots of progress on the Crazy Mom quilt-along (NOT!), but I do have three out of twelve done.
    Congrats on your new job and grab some quilting time when you can!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete