Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nothing to See Here. No, Really, I'm Serious.

I've got so many projects, in so many different stages and only one mini-quilt completed.  I can never die.

I'm working on binding for two quilts...almost finished tacking that down.

I made this little paper-pieced block for a friend's 41st birthday and embellished it with some hand-drawn doodles and awesome backing fabric which my co-workers really enjoyed!!  If you ask me where the pattern came from, I'll lie and say Carol Doak 'cause I just can't remember.



The next two pictures are possibilities for all those stinkin' Thangles I finally finished--have I mentioned the package makes 450 half-square triangles.  (Note: That last little bit was uttered in a high-pitched shriek bordering on hysteria.  No I haven't had my Xanax...in days...and days...and days.)



I'm thinking two borders for each:  one skinny and one with a little more heft.  Ugh, that sounds like me and my daughter standing side by side!  Anyway, you get the picture.  And can you believe it, I have enough of those damn darling HSTs left to make about 20 pinwheel blocks for another quilt.  One Thangles package down, eleven more to go.  Where's the Xanax?

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try those Thangles some day.
    Fondly, Etty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etty,
    I've decided it's far simpler to just draw a couple of lines on the wrong side of the fabric, stitch my lines and cut them apart. I thought I'd like Thangles because I LOVE paper-piecing, but I think they're alot more work than they're worth. Maybe after the next eleven packages, I'll change my mind...or just pull out the rest of my hair LOL!
    Happy quilting,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete