Saturday, June 25, 2011

Seven Is Heaven!

If the name Selena Gomez doesn't ring a bell, don't feel bad.  No one at Paige's birthday party today knew either...of course, all attendees save one, were adults and everyone under the drinking age knows 'adult' is synonymous with 'you wouldn't know cool if you shoved your face into a snowdrift'.  For the record, she's a singer/actress and Paige absolutely adores her show The Wizards of Waverly Place.  Pardon me while I gag, but at least it's better than Justin Bieber and that awful purple dinosaur, Barney.  But not by much.




I couldn't find a bakery in town to make a cake to match her theme and, being utterly un-hip and totally clueless, I had no idea on how to make one.  When it comes to magic and food, my only trick is to make the dish in question disappear into my mouth.  Thank goodness for helpful suggestions on the back of the cake mix box.  I don't think they turned out too bad and no one's complaining of stomach cramps...yet.



And, as you can see, I didn't leave the dog out of the celebrating, either!  Nothing tops a cupcake quite like a dog biscuit.


Big brother, that would be Seth, not the government, was thrilled that she got her very own Nintendo DS so she'd quit pestering him to play his.  Thanks to Gramma and Papa for the Plants vs Zombies game.  I love it!  She loves it!  And Gramma, being the sweetheart she is, let her have the Minnie Mouse DS case and stylus.





HAPPY SEVENTH BIRTHDAY, PRINCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment