Sunday, April 1, 2012

Preparing For Takeoff

I am thrilled beyond belief that the end is almost in sight for the piecing of Co-Defendant #1's airplane quilt.  I finished the pieced border this evening.  I'm still debating between 1 or 2 more borders, but am leaning heavily in the 1 more border direction just to get this puppy off the runway and outta my airspace.  If I do 2, there'll be a skinny red border like the sashing and a wide navy border with tiny stars.  If it's just 1, I'll only do the navy stars.  Opinions, anyone?


I'm going to quilt a line from my favorite poem, High Flight, into the large corner pieces and probably include the entire thing on the label (yes, I'll put a label on this one!)  He's getting really excited and I'm doing my Snoopy happy dance...it's almost DONE!

Happy quilting, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I love red but I think that the single blue is the answer for this one.

    Fantastic job. I am doing the happy dance here, too.

    You don't label your quilts? Why not? My husband says I should just put my initials and the year. If it is a gift for someone I put the name of the quilt, who it is too, the occasion and my name. Everyone looks for that right away now to see what I named them.

    That quilt is just amazing. CD1 is a lucky boy.

    ReplyDelete