Sunday, July 22, 2012

Unproductive Targets

I love to read my daily horoscope.  It's a lot of fun, but it's not like I plan my day around it or anything.  After all, the blurb underneath it clearly states 'Astrology has no basis in science.  This column is for entertainment only.'  I never would've guessed.  Reading it at the end of the day is even better because, if my day went according to the alignment of heavenly bodies, then the stars must be right...right?!  Weird, I know, but there it is. 

Today's horoscope went like this...

'If you deviate from your plans, you're likely to lose focus and squander effort on unproductive targets.  Stick to your agenda, and you'll do just fine.'

What's weird is, today's horoscope would've been better suited to Friday or Saturday.  I have a WIP that  absolutely must get finished, but what did I choose to work on for a nice chunk of the weekend?  Add to the fact, that I just HAD to eat and sleep...well, let's just say the WIP is still waiting. 


Aren't they cute?!  I love me some pincushions!  These were leftover paper-pieced blocks that I paired with a charm square, trimmed to size and then filled with crushed walnut shells.  I haven't decided what to do with them yet.  I mean, how many pincushions does a girl need, right?  Maybe there's a giveaway in there somewhere.  Stay tuned. 

All the while, the WIP has hung on the design wall screaming for me to hurry up and get it done.  Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Happy quilting, y'all! 

5 comments:

  1. I love the hot pink one on the left!! ME ME ME! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep making them and get a large basket or crate to put them in and use them as decor.

    Enjoy, most of all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful your pincushions! I can never get too many pincushions. Actually I'm in for a pincushion swap right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! These are really neat and I like Mary's suggestion about displaying them as decor items. I have some small orphan blocks and I may do the same thing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the pincushions are now mine. It flew right away to Norway, and I'm so happy with that. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete