Sunday, May 6, 2012

Will Work For Fabric

I confess I'm not a fan of the commercial where people get paid with chewing gum.  I mean really, chewing gum?  These folks need to take a page from my Mom's book!

Mom used to pay me actual currency to watch the house, feed the pets and generally keep an eye on things when they went out of town.  Don't ask me why she felt compelled to pay..I'm happy to do it and it's really no big deal.  Then all of a sudden, she started paying me in fabric.  I am one happy quilter!

This time around, I got paid in advance...check it out!


Polka dots from the Berenstain Bears collection.  SQUEAL!!  How can you not love polka dots?  They're so happy and no one ever thinks of telling them perhaps they need to go on a diet because they're a little TOO round.  I'm hoarding these like a doomsday prepper hoards canned goods!

Then there are the times Mom goes on a quilt retreat without me...I swear I don't know HOW the woman manages to have a good time.  She must feel guilty because she usually brings me back a stash of fiber wonderfulness...



 
I absolutely love the yellow fabric.  I must tell one of those 'I am an idiot' stories about myself.  When she first handed that fabric to me, I took one look and thought how cute...little porcelain potties.  No, idiot, turn the fabric right side up...they're toasters!  Hey, I've never claimed to be the brightest crayon in the box, okay?

Personally, I think the world would be a happier place if we all got paid and could pay our bills in fabric.  Nothing lights up my face like the notion of fondling quality fiber goods.  And I may just be ecstatic about going to work.

Happy quilting, y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Totally agree! I also like to get paid in chocolate though, particularly chocolate chip cookies. But no one has offered to pay me anything for quite some time. I did barter with my manicurist for two quilts though. Work well done in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great way to get paid! And I thought the toasters were potties too. My first thought was it would be great fabric to make a changing pad! Of course, buns do go in/on both! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the polka dots :) Potties....hahaha, you goof!

    ReplyDelete