Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Wednesday's WIP is a cross-stitch sampler kit I bought about, oh, ten years ago from Better Homes and Gardens.  I set it aside when I discovered scrapbooking, which in turn, got set aside when I discovered quilting.  Yes, I have a revolving door of hobbies.  Personally, I think this just makes me a well rounded crafter.


The kids have helped over the course of two days to get our Christmas tree set up and decorated.  I was happy last year with the four foot tree, but this year I was browbeaten into putting up the behemoth.  Somehow, we've acquired all manner of animatronic figures and doodads.  Personally, I'd rather set up our Nativity and call it good.  Isn't that what Christmas is all about anyway?  I've already decided at the end of the season to do some serious weeding out of all our decorations.  You can't see Jesus in the manger for all the other crap we've got going on. 

Santa has elves...I have minions!
Tomorrow, Co Def #2 is having some fairly involved dental work done.  I'm taking along my cross-stitch WIP to hopefully distract myself during the supposedly two hour ordeal.  She's already a nervous wreck, and frankly, I'm not far behind.  I chose a totally inappropriate time to go cold turkey on the Xanax.  Wish us luck.

 
And last, but not least, my blogger buddy Mary over at Made with Love by Mary is in need of prayers as she prepares to go through some health related tests.  It's the season of miracles.  I'm praying for one for her.

Happy quilting, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I love your cross-stitch. Good luck today with co-def#2's dental work. Don't forget to breathe!! Also, visualization might be helpful, and when I was in labor, Sarah MacLachlin on my iPod was a tremendous help. (Of course, you/she can choose the music of your liking). Sending out prayers for Mary, too. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Stephanie, I so touched that you asked for prayers for me. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers.

    Said a quick prayer myself for you and CD2 about today's dental work. It is harder to be with the kids than to do it ourselves! Hope everything went well.

    Thanks again,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete