Friday, December 9, 2011

Finished: Batiks Sampler

It's not 'done' until the binding's on I always say.  Boy, do I ever have a lot to get done!  I managed to finish this piece before Co Def #2's dental adventure...this is why she's smiling.



All paper-pieced (love, love, love paper piecing) blocks with added sashing and borders for interest.  Not sure what this is exactly...wall hanging, table topper, who knows!  It'll probably wind up disappearing from my sewing area only to turn up as a doll quilt...not that I'm naming names, mind you.  Paper piecing is awesome because everything turns out 'just so' with points matching.  For those of us Type A personalities, it's divine! 

I'm linking up with Amanda Jean at crazymomquilts.

Happy quilting, y'all!
   

4 comments:

  1. This little paper pieced quilt is amazing and so is that adorable little girl of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! So much detail in such a tiny quilt! Nice work! I'm still getting used to paper piecing, so I'm especially impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your batik sampler mini-quilt-- nice job!! I signed up to take [my first] paper piecing class in january and I'm so excited (it runs for three saturday afternoon session). The pattern (and all the circles and points) looks rather complex and intimidating, but they said its ok for advanced beginners, so I'm taking the plunge!!

    ReplyDelete