Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wild Horses and Armed Men

I finished tacking down the binding on this one last night and am so glad it's done.  It was made with a specific person in mind after they lost a loved one in a traffic accident.  I usually don't know who gets one of my quilts, so knowing exactly who the recipient is makes me uncomfortable.  I'm never sure how it'll be received or if the person will like it for that matter.  That's my shortcoming, though and I accept it, pansy that I am.

Here's the top and a close-up:




I had to piece the backing and it came out a little funky...kind of like the quilter, I suppose, but that's okay.



5 comments:

  1. I think it came out wonderful, and I cannot imagine that the recipient would not appreciate your time and effort. I love the fabric selections and I think they will really treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, you did a wonderful job. This quilt will really be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how it turned out!! There should not be any issue with them appreciating the quilt. I'm sure they will turn to it any time they are needing comfort for their loss. It always feels so good to do something good for someone who needs a pick-me-up.

    ReplyDelete