Saturday, April 2, 2011

Weekend W.I.P.

Yeah, I know I said no new projects until I had my current stuff quilted, but...I lied!  These are 3 1/2" sq. paper-pieced blocks that I got from my Mom when she was weeding out her stash.  They're so old, the
price tags (who does that anymore?) have now faded to a sickly yellow and the gummy backing is about gone.  OLD, like what my kids consider me to be.  Anyway, I've got these two completed:


Generally, when I ask my hubby what he thinks of a block/quilt I'm working on I get the standard "nice" reply, all this without him actually looking at the thing.  Today he looked...really looked and declared the peach-toned block had to go, so it'll end up in my Orphan Block Quilt someday.  The green/batik one is my second attempt which, I admit, I like alot better.  Hey, I never claimed to be any good at choosing what goes together best.  I'm lucky I did well picking such a gem for a husband.

This one's currently working its way slowly, very slowly, under the needle of my machine:



I really like this one.  It's kinda hard to tell, but the batik is fiery reds and oranges with cool purples and greens.  LOVE IT!  Since the guys are at the car cruise and my daughter's hogging the TV to watch Bambi (gag) for the second time (sob), I'm gonna have plenty of time with my Featherweight, Lennie, tonight.

HAPPY QUILTING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment