Friday, March 18, 2011

National Quilting Day

March 19, 2011 is National Quilting Day!  So, what are you going to get quilted this weekend?  I've got a backlog of quilts that need threads tied off and binding put on...NOT my most favorite part of the process.  I'm itching to start on something new, but....

THIS is what I have waiting to be done.  Do I have any volunteers in the crowd?  You know, this is something I could teach my kids to do...knot-tying I mean.  Now, there's a thought!

This is a sweet quilt my equally sweet spouse brought back to me on his return home from a car show.  And he's done it on more than one occasion...do you think he feels guilty for leaving me alone with the wild ones?

I love quilting although I find it to be equal parts joy and frustration...hmmm, sounds alot like motherhood.  It's also put me in touch with all sorts of folks from all over the U.S. and the world and I love seeing how different folks make for different quilts.

So, here's wishing you a happy, productive National Quilting Day and for my international friends, International Quilting Day (hey, if there's no such thing, there should be!)

No comments:

Post a Comment