Sunday, February 6, 2011

W.I.P. (Works In Progress)

Block title is "Children of Israel"
Here's one of the little darlings I've been working on this weekend.  Found a really great website with FREE paper-piecing patterns, tons of them!  I don't know if it's that the instructions were inaccurate, my printer didn't print the pattern correctly or if it's me..surely, it's not me...after all, I am perfect (insert an eyeroll here).  Anyway, I couldn't make the templates match up and let's face it, paper piecing is EASY.  After much gnashing of teeth, this is what I came up with...not my first choice for colors, but I'd already wasted tons of the good stuff trying to get the block right.  The website, should you be interested, is quilterscache.com.

2 comments:

  1. Paper piecing is fun to do and an excellent way to create blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I couldn't agree more. Paper piecing just makes everything go together beautifully. In fact, it's the ONLY way I can get my points to match! Happy quilting!
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete