Saturday, February 19, 2011

Decisions, decisions (oh, how they make my head ache)

Although batiks are my all time favorite fabrics, I adore Japanese styled ones as well.  I seem fairly adept at accumulating mass quantities of "styles" and have the hardest time actually cutting into them...what can I say, I'm a fabric fondler!  I found this pattern (for free!) at quilterscache.com.  It's paper-pieced and, once I ironed out all the printing kinks, it went together beautifully.


Right now, I'm trying to decide on the sashing...I think the gold works best; the character print is making my head hurt.  I thought the print would work for a border but I'm not feeling that, either.  I'm thinking something red would be more border appropriate.
I have the hardest time making any kind of decisions when it comes to fabric...that's why I like kits!  Oh, well I'll get there and this project will (one day, hopefully before I die) be completed.  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment