Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday? GACK!!

Let me be blunt...

I. HATE. FOOTBALL.  With a passion usually reserved for spiders and snakes.  Ya'll know I'm a huge hockey fan...football holds zero appeal.  I am grateful, however, that my home will not be Party Central for any sort of football revelry.  Dear Hubby's only request was for sandwiches and 7 layer dip and I happily accomodated him.  I thought it would be nice to make a pan of brownies to serve with ice cream for the kids.  THIS is what happened...


Do you know HOW this happens?


Need I say more?  Co-Def #2 swears she didn't do it, but when asked if they tasted good she squeaked out a pitiful yes.  DH was out mowing the grass and I was running errands.  It was either her or the dog (whom she kept trying to blame, I might add).  I imagine this is what the surface of the moon looks like, don't you, with all its craters.  Gee-ma-nee!

Brownie thievery aside, I've been busy at my sewing machine this weekend and am almost finished sewing the binding onto my placemats.  I can tack down the backside while waiting in the pickup line at school or during #1's basketball game on Tuesday.  Yay!  It feels so good to finally get something quilty accomplished!

Happy quilting, y'all!
  
P.S. It's now 7:54 pm Super Bowl Sunday and I'd just like to say OMG DAVID BECKHAM IN HIS TIGHTIE-WHITIES!   I loooooove Super Bowl commercials.

3 comments:

  1. In my house I am Co-Def #2. I have a tendency to immediately want to eat brownies when they come out of the oven. She looks sort of guilty but very happy. Brownies are happy making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me when I say, the happy FAR outweighs the guilt! And brownies are best right out of the oven. I once made them with extra crunchy bacon...sounds gross, tastes DIVINE!!

      Delete
  2. David Beckham - SWOON! I had the nerve to schedule a sewing class (accidentally) during the Super Bowl, and listened to my family whine all week about who was going to make the Seven-Layer Dip. "Well, it has seven ingredients, and here they are..." They didn't think I was funny. Anyway, I ended up cutting my class short and scheduling a one-on-one with the teacher later, came home and threw some bean dip in the oven, and was able to see Mr. Beckham in all his tattooed glory. Holy $%&*!, if there was any way those underwear could tranform Mr. Any Mouse, I'd go out and buy a truckload RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete