Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thanks....so much

I'd like to personally thank each family member, friend and stranger who's ever offered up the sage statement "It could be worse".

No shit! There's a teeter-totter effect in play here. I am grateful it's not cancer, a severe physical or mental handicap or any of those other horrors we imagine being visited upon someone else's child. On the other hand, I feel guilty for being grateful it isn't those things.

Here's our reality. He has ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder, sensory integration dysfunction and depression. He's our human bumper car, stone wall and prickly pear. He's the kid who bit himself up and down his arms as PUNISHMENT for flunking 3rd grade. Ever had your 9 year old say he just wants to die? I thought not.

So kindly refrain from lecturing me about "what's worse" and quit trying to cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment